Pros: The perfect one-of-a-kind gift
Cons: Website is a little slow – but no ‘Cons’ with regard to the products or service
If there’s one thing synonymous with summer (other than watermelon and sunburns) its celebrations – gift-giving celebrations to be precise – weddings, anniversaries, graduations, babies, new home, etc. If it’s an event you have to attend, then that, of course, brings to mind an entire litany of questions that need answering before you shop – like:
- The type of celebration – birthday – wedding – graduation?
- How well do you know the recipient(s)?
- Does the recipient already have one-of-everything? In other words, will I have to take out a loan just to purchase a decent present? In those cases, you don’t have to be rich, you have to be smart and think outside the box. Some people (like myself) think the simple, easy-to-shop-for, budget-adhering gift card is the perfect gift. Personally, I love gift cards – getting and giving, but I admit, for some occasions they are pretty impersonal. But, there is a solution – and one that’s rather unique and chic, if I do say so myself, Things Remembered.
What is something we all have in common? A name, right? A name that can be engraved on a door knocker (as above), an heirloom silver spoon for baby, a desk nameplate, or ‘Mr. & Mrs. Newlyweds’ engraved on a frame, vase, drinkware, or embroidered on a blanket or pillows. More about this below.
Things Remembered is a national gift retailer that takes their wares one step further, offering on site engraving and/or embroidering of their gifts and goods.
Things Remembered offers so many different and unusual items it would be impossible to detail them all, but here’s a small sampling of gifts you can have engraved or embroidered:
- Women’s jewelry – necklaces, bracelets
- Men’s jewelry – cufflinks, watches
- Men’s and women’s gifts – flasks, vases, wallets
- Drinkware, champagne flutes, whiskey glasses
- Picture frames
- Trinket or memorabilia boxes
- Photo albums
- Pens and pencils
- Door knockers ( my favorite for newlyweds)
- In any of their six-hundred stores
- Online at thingsremembered.com
- Directly through their Customer Service Center in North Jackson, Ohio.
If you’re shopping in one of their stores a clerk can assist you with a selection and walk you through the engraving or embroidering process. If you’re shopping online, again, they take you through a step-by-step process making sure the item will appear exactly as you request. You choose the font, size and text of whatever you want engraved or embroidered on the item – they do the rest. Because there’s a store close by, I place my order, walk around the mall, maybe have lunch, and return to the shop and pick it up. Now, it doesn’t happen that way every time – during Christmas for example they can be very, very busy. But since I always know what I want I can place my order via any of the different venues and be totally confident I will get what I’ve ordered.
Things Remembered is a wonderful and easy way to tell someone you think they’re special.
Check out “Store Locator” on their website